Commercial and Regulatory Practice
Lisette has acted in a range of commercial, regulatory, and insurance matters. Current and recent matters include:
- Andrew Norbury Aircraft Pty Ltd v QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (Federal Court): Indemnity dispute (led by Jeffery Gleeson KC and Gabi Crafti, instructed by Mukushi and Cohen Legal).
- ACCC v Bloomex Pty Ltd (Federal Court): Regulatory enforcement proceedings for breaches of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (led by Peter Wallis KC, instructed by Corrs Chambers Westgarth).
- Pick v McDonald (County Court): Dispute under the Residential Tenancies Act1997 (Vic) (unled, instructed by McCabes).
- ACN 619 443 293 Pty Ltd v Owners Corporation 2 - Plan No Ps 738832m-2 and Others (County Court): Contract termination dispute (unled, instructed by McCabes).
- Acting in contractual restraint of trade dispute (led by Rob Craig KC).
- Various regulatory advices, including with respect to:
- ASIC regulatory enforcement action (with Elizabeth Bennett SC);
- Corporate governance in professional associations.
Public Law Practice
Lisette maintains a broad public law practice, spanning judicial and merits review in both State and Federal Courts and Tribunals. She has particular experience in compulsory land acquisition law.
Current and recent matters include:
- Judicial review of decision concerning registration of a medical device: (led by Peter Gray KC (as his Honour then was) and Haroon Hassan).
- The Australian Steel Company (Operations) Pty Ltd v Minister for the Environment and Another: Review of decision concerning a special export permit to export hazardous waste (led by Alexander Solomon-Bridge, instructed by Ashurst Australia).
- Various advices, including:
- Advising acquiring authorities on issues concerning compulsory land acquisition for numerous major state projects (including with Lisa Hannon KC and with Sandro Goubran KC);
- Advising Government Departments on questions of statutory interpretation.
Before coming to the Bar, Lisette practised as a solicitor at:
- The Victorian Government Solicitor’s Office (in the Public Law and Planning branch); and
- Allens (in the Commercial Litigation and Funds, Superannuation and Wealth Management practice groups).
In 2018, Lisette was Associate to the Honourable Justice O’Callaghan of the Federal Court of Australia.
Skills and Qualifications
Lisette offers instructors and clients considered and practical guidance at every stage of litigation. She prides herself on being diligent, pragmatic and easy to work with.
Lisette holds a Juris Doctor and from the University of Melbourne, with subject prizes in Legal Research and Remedies.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
- Banking & Finance
- Consumer Law
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Insolvency
- Corporations & Securities
- Equity & Trusts
- Regulatory Investigations
- Administrative Law
- Judicial Review
- Planning & Local Government
Juris Doctor (Melb)
Bachelor of Arts (Melb)
High Court of Australia
Federal Court of Australia
State and Territory Courts and Tribunals