Jennifer has a broad commercial practice. Jennifer is recognised in Doyle's Guide to Leading Barristers, and was recognised in Lawyerly Media’s inaugural Rising Stars edition in 2021 for her work in high-stakes litigation.
Before coming to the Bar, Jennifer was a commercial litigation solicitor with Blake Dawson (now Ashurst) and a Senior Associate with Arnold Bloch Leibler.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
- Banking & Finance
- Class Actions
- Commercial Arbitration
- Consumer Law
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Insolvency
- Corporations & Securities
- Energy & Resources
- Equity & Trusts
- Private International Law
- Real Property
- Class Actions
- Commissions & Inquiries
- Major Torts
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (UWA)
State and Territory Courts and Tribunals
Federal Court of Australia
High Court of Australia
- The Banksia Securities Remitter (junior counsel for the Contradictor, led by Peter Jopling AM KC), a significant matter concerning a claim for recovery of legal costs and funding commission in a class action, and allegations of serious misconduct by the litigation funder and legal practitioners for the class in connection with that claim. See: Bolitho v Banksia Securities Ltd (No 18) (remitter)  VSC 666
- Insurance Proceedings relating to the Opal Tower Development in Sydney (led by Jeremy Slattery KC) – Federal Court of Australia Proceeding concerning Icon’s claim for indemnity under third party liability insurance policies in relation to damage arising from the Opal Tower development in Sydney. See: At first instance: Icon Co (NSW) Pty Ltd v Liberty Mutual Insurance Company Australian Branch trading as Liberty Specialty Markets  FCA 1493; On appeal to the Full Federal Court: Liberty Mutual Insurance Company Australian Branch trading as Liberty Specialty Markets v Icon Co (NSW) Pty Ltd  FCAFC 126
- Endeavour River Pty Ltd v MG Responsible Entity Limited (No 2)  FCA 968 (Junior counsel for the Contradictor, led by Peter Jopling AM KC) – An application for approval of a funding commission from the proceeds of settlement in a class action
- Evans v Davantage Group Pty Ltd – a consumer class action in the Federal Court of Australia.
- Gippsreal Ltd v ACN 106 693 565 Pty Ltd  FCA 1414 (led by Peter Jopling KC) – Federal Court of Australia Proceeding concerning allegations of professional negligence and misleading or deceptive conduct.
- WTE Co-generation Pty Ltd v RCR Energy Pty Ltd – Supreme Court of Victoria Proceeding S CI 2013 1707 – A significant construction dispute.
- Oswal v Carson & Ors – Supreme Court of Victoria Proceeding S CI 2012 01995 (led by Tony Bannon SC, Garry Rich SC, and Peter Jopling AM QC) – A case concerning a claim against receivers in connection with their sale of a significant commercial asset.
- Yunhui Investment Pty Ltd v Fei (unled) – succeeded in an application for a freezing order prior to commencement of proceedings.
- Re B Personal Pty Ltd, Bilsborough v Bilsborough  VSC 211 – Acted for the plaintiff in an oppression claim, which succeeded.
- Cargill Australia Limited v Viterra Malt Pty Ltd & Ors Supreme Court of Victoria Proceeding S ECI 2014 146 – Acted in a case concerning a claim by the purchaser against the vendors in respect of the sale of a significant commercial business.
Victorian Bar - Commercial Bar Association