Jennifer has a broad commercial practice. Jennifer is recognised in Doyle's Guide to Leading Barristers. Before coming to the Bar, Jennifer was a commercial litigation solicitor with Blake Dawson (now Ashurst) and a Senior Associate with Arnold Bloch Leibler.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
- Banking & Finance
- Building & Construction
- Commercial Arbitration
- Consumer Law
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Insolvency
- Corporations & Securities
- Equity & Trusts
- Real Property
Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (UWA)
State and Territory Courts and Tribunals
Federal Court of Australia
High Court of Australia
Recent matters include:
The Banksia Securities Remitter (junior counsel for the Contradictor, led by Peter Jopling AM QC), a matter concerning a claim for recovery of legal costs and funding commission in a class action, and allegations of misconduct by the litigation funder and legal practitioners for the class in connection with that claim.
- Bolitho v Banksia Securities Limited (No 5)  VSC 554 – An application as to competing proposals to distribute the proceeds of the settlement of a claim in a class action.
- Bolitho v Banksia Securities Ltd (No 6)  VSC 653 – Successfully opposed an application to strike out allegations of misconduct raised by the Contradictor in relation to the litigation funder’s application for commission.
- Banksia Securities Ltd v Insurance House Pty Ltd (Settlement Approval)  VSC 123 – Successfully opposed the funder’s application for part of the proceeds of settlement of a third party claim made in the class action.
- Bolitho v Banksia Securities Ltd (No 8)  VSC 174 – Largely succeeded in disputes concerning access to documents sought in discovery and pursuant to a subpoena.
Icon Co (NSW) Pty Ltd v Liberty Mutual Insurance Company AustralianBranch trading as Liberty Specialty Markets  FCA 1493 - (led by Jeremy Slattery SC) – Federal Court of Australia Proceeding concerning Icon’s claim for indemnity under third party liability insurance policies in relation to damage arising from the Opal Tower development in Sydney.
Endeavour River Pty Ltd v MG Responsible Entity Limited (No 2)  FCA 968 (Junior counsel for the Contradictor, led by Peter Jopling AM QC) – An application for approval of a funding commission from the proceeds of settlement in a class action.
Evans v Davantage Group Pty Ltd – a consumer class action in the Federal Court of Australia.
Gippsreal Ltd v ACN 106 693 565 Pty Ltd  FCA 1414 (led by Peter Jopling QC) – Federal Court of Australia Proceeding concerning allegations of professional negligence and misleading or deceptive conduct.
WTE Co-generation Pty Ltd v RCR Energy Pty Ltd – Supreme Court of Victoria Proceeding S CI 2013 1707 – A significant construction dispute.
Oswal v Carson & Ors – Supreme Court of Victoria Proceeding S CI 2012 01995 (led by Tony Bannon SC, Garry Rich SC, and Peter Jopling AM QC) – A case concerning a claim against receivers in connection with their sale of a significant commercial asset.
Victorian Bar - Commercial Bar Association