Jennifer has a broad commercial practice. Jennifer is recognised in Doyle's Guide to Leading Barristers, and was recognised in Lawyerly Media’s inaugural Rising Stars edition in 2021 for her work in high-stakes litigation.
Before coming to the Bar, Jennifer was a commercial litigation solicitor with Blake Dawson (now Ashurst) and a Senior Associate with Arnold Bloch Leibler.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
- Banking & Finance
- Class Actions
- Commercial Arbitration
- Consumer Law
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Insolvency
- Corporations & Securities
- Energy & Resources
- Equity & Trusts
- Private International Law
- Real Property
- Class Actions
- Commissions & Inquiries
- Major Torts
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (UWA)
State and Territory Courts and Tribunals
Federal Court of Australia
High Court of Australia
The Banksia Securities Remitter (junior counsel for the Contradictor, led by Peter Jopling AM QC), a matter concerning a claim for recovery of legal costs and funding commission in a class action, and allegations of misconduct by the litigation funder and legal practitioners for the class in connection with that claim.
- Bolitho v Banksia Securities Limited (No 5)  VSC 554 – An application as to competing proposals to distribute the proceeds of the settlement of a claim in a class action.
- Bolitho v Banksia Securities Ltd (No 6)  VSC 653 – Successfully opposed an application to strike out allegations of misconduct raised by the Contradictor in relation to the litigation funder’s application for commission.
- Banksia Securities Ltd v Insurance House Pty Ltd (Settlement Approval)  VSC 123 – Successfully opposed the funder’s application for part of the proceeds of settlement of a third party claim made in the class action.
- Bolitho v Banksia Securities Ltd (No 8)  VSC 174 – Largely succeeded in disputes concerning access to documents sought in discovery and pursuant to a subpoena.
Insurance Proceedings relating to the Opal Tower Development in Sydney (led by Jeremy Slattery QC) – Federal Court of Australia Proceeding concerning Icon’s claim for indemnity under third party liability insurance policies in relation to damage arising from the Opal Tower development in Sydney.
- At first instance: Icon Co (NSW) Pty Ltd v Liberty Mutual Insurance Company Australian Branch trading as Liberty Specialty Markets  FCA 1493.
- On appeal to the Full Federal Court: Liberty Mutual Insurance Company Australian Branch trading as Liberty Specialty Markets v Icon Co (NSW) Pty Ltd  FCAFC 126
Endeavour River Pty Ltd v MG Responsible Entity Limited (No 2)  FCA 968 (Junior counsel for the Contradictor, led by Peter Jopling AM QC) – An application for approval of a funding commission from the proceeds of settlement in a class action.
Evans v Davantage Group Pty Ltd – a consumer class action in the Federal Court of Australia.
Gippsreal Ltd v ACN 106 693 565 Pty Ltd  FCA 1414 (led by Peter Jopling QC) – Federal Court of Australia Proceeding concerning allegations of professional negligence and misleading or deceptive conduct.
WTE Co-generation Pty Ltd v RCR Energy Pty Ltd – Supreme Court of Victoria Proceeding S CI 2013 1707 – A significant construction dispute.
Oswal v Carson & Ors – Supreme Court of Victoria Proceeding S CI 2012 01995 (led by Tony Bannon SC, Garry Rich SC, and Peter Jopling AM QC) – A case concerning a claim against receivers in connection with their sale of a significant commercial asset.
Yunhui Investment Pty Ltd v Fei (unled) – succeeded in an application for a freezing order prior to commencement of proceedings.
Re B Personal Pty Ltd, Bilsborough v Bilsborough  VSC 211 – Acted for the plaintiff in an oppression claim, which succeeded.
Cargill Australia Limited v Viterra Malt Pty Ltd & Ors Supreme Court of Victoria Proceeding S ECI 2014 146 – Acted in a case concerning a claim by the purchaser against the vendors in respect of the sale of a significant commercial business.
Victorian Bar - Commercial Bar Association