Before coming to the Bar, Jane was a solicitor at Allens for four and a half years. Her experience at Allens included working on APRA and AFP investigations, class actions and ACCC litigation.
Jane is currently completing a Master of Laws at the University of Melbourne. She has a Bachelor of Laws with first class honours and a Bachelor of Commerce, both from Monash University.
Some of Jane's current and recent matters are set out below.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
- Building & Construction
- Class Actions
- Commercial Arbitration
- Consumer Law
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Insolvency
- Corporations & Securities
- Equity & Trusts
- Regulatory Investigations
- Professional Negligence
- Commissions & Inquiries
Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
Bachelor of Commerce
State and Territory Courts and Tribunals
Federal Court of Australia
High Court of Australia
- Conducted an independent review with Bernard Quinn KC and Professor Michael O'Sullivan into historical medical research and advice provided to the AFL regarding sports-related concussions and neurodegenerative diseases. The published report can be accessed here.
- Fidge v Pfizer Australia Pty Ltd and anor, Federal Court: claim in relation to the Gene Technology Act 2000 (Cth) and licence requirements under that Act. Led by Bernard Quinn KC. Instructed by DLA Piper.
- Telstra Corporation Ltd v ProLearn Corporation Pty Ltd and Kytec Pty Ltd, Court of Appeal: appeal from trial judgment regarding alleged misleading or deceptive conduct. Led by Nicholas De Young KC. Instructed by King & Wood Mallesons.
- ACCC v Mazda, Federal Court: penalty phase of proceeding. Contraventions found concerned allegations of misleading or deceptive conduct. Led by Martin Scott KC. Instructed by Mills Oakley.
- Mega v WW Property Development Pty Ltd and Jiang, Supreme Court: claim for contribution in relation to an alleged co-guaranteed debt. Counterclaim includes claims for monies had and received, and breaches of restraints of trade. Proceeding has involved various interlocutory applications including freezing order, joinder, discovery, summary judgment, strike out and subpoena objection applications. See further, Mega v WW Property Development Pty Ltd (in liq) VSC 607. Led by Daniel Aghion KC. Instructed by Hall & Wilcox.
- Jiang v a law firm, Supreme Court: claim against a law firm for misappropriation of trust funds. Led by Daniel Aghion KC. Instructed by Hall & Wilcox.
- Online Investments Pty Limited & Ors v CEG Direct Securities Limited & Ors  VSC 641: resisted summary judgment application on behalf of mortgagee in relation to actions taken by mortgagee when exercising its powers of sale following a loan default. Unled. Instructed by Ronayne Owens Lawyers.
- Acted for the Transurban parties in the West Gate Tunnel Project dispute, including Transurban WGT Co Pty Ltd v CPB Contractors Pty Limited  VSC 476, an injunction application in relation to an arbitration concerning the project. Led by Bret Walker SC, Michael Roberts KC, Jonathon Moore KC, Tim Breakspear and Liam Connolly. Instructed by Herbert Smith Freehills.
- 1155 Nepean High Pty Ltd v Promax Buildings Pty Ltd  VSC 398: judicial review of an adjudication determination under the security of payment legislation. Led by Jeremy Twigg KC. Instructed by MinterEllison.
- UIL (Singapore) Pte Ltd v Wollongong Coal Limited and others, Federal Court: claim regarding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Led by Matthew Harvey KC and Kylie Weston-Scheuber. Instructed by Clyde & Co.