Chris advises and appears in:
- Corporate and personal insolvency matters; and
- Commercial law matters (contract, consumer law, equity, trusts, banking/ enforcement of securities, and corporations law).
Chris is recognised in The Legal 500 for his expertise in Commercial Disputes.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Chris was a Senior Associate in the insolvency team of Ashurst Australia.
Since coming to the Bar, Chris has advised and appeared in matters involving:
- Winding up and bankruptcy proceedings and advice
- Public examinations
- Voidable transaction and insolvent trading claims
- Managed Investment Schemes
- Appointment of liquidator of trustee company as receiver of trust assets
- Approval of external administrators’ remuneration
- Applications for extension to the convening period
- Applications for the appointment of a special purpose liquidator
- Applications for judicial advice (Order 54)
- Contracts, debt, guarantee, enforcement of security
- Consumer Law
- Freezing and search orders
- Contempt of Court
- Removal of caveats
- Applications for approval of settlements reached by representative parties
- Breach of director’s duty/ fiduciary duty, accessorial liability, constructive/ resulting trusts
- Dismissal of proceedings based on the res judicata
- Domestic Building
- Tenancy – residential and retirement village
- Consumer/ trader disputes
- Water Act
Chris has a Bachelor of Laws and Arts (with Honours) from Monash University and a Master of Laws from the University of Melbourne. In 2011, he completed the ARITA advanced insolvency course with High Distinction.
Additionally, Chris lectures at Monash University (JD and Undergraduate) in Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Trusts, and has previously taught Contracts, Equity, and Corporations Law.
Chris read with Hamish Austin QC and his senior mentor was Paul Anastassiou KC.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation
- Banking & Finance
- Building & Construction
- Consumer Credit
- Consumer Law
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Insolvency
- Corporations & Securities
- Equity & Trusts
- Real Property
Master of Laws (Melb)
Bachelor of Laws (Mon)
Bachelor of Arts (Hons)(Mon)
State and Territory Courts and Tribunals
Federal Court of Australia
High Court of Australia