Anthony is briefed in a variety of litigious matters (led and unled). This includes advising in matters involving breach of confidence and related rights; trade mark, copyright and patent infringement; consumer law breaches; and judicial and merits review in a number of different jurisdictions.
Before coming to the Bar, Anthony was an Associate at the Federal Court of Australia to the Honourable Justice Mark Moshinsky and the Honourable Justice Helen Rofe.
Prior to his time at the Federal Court, Anthony practised for four years as a solicitor at MinterEllison, predominantly working in the intellectual property team. Significant matters that Anthony worked on as a solicitor include instructing on the first patent repair case in Seiko Epson Corporation v Calidad Pty Ltd (at first instance and on appeal to the Full Federal Court) and instructing in the Federal Court proceedings of Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH v Alphapharm Pty Ltd, concerning a mechanical patent for an insulin injector pen.
Anthony holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University. He also gained a Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne.
Anthony’s recent matters at the Bar include:
- C21 Pty Ltd ATF The Ramadan Family Trust v Hou (Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia – ongoing) – concerning breach of confidence, copyright and breach of fiduciary duties (led by Luke Merrick SC).
- ASIC v Darranda Pty Ltd (Federal Court of Australia - ongoing) –concerning obligations under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) (led by Bernard F Quinn KC).
- BlackSquare Inc v CRACKA IP Pty Ltd  ATMO 168 – trade mark opposition (led by Tom Cordiner KC).
- VRBF and Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs (Migration)  AATA 2732 – merits review of a cancellation decision made under s 501(1) of the Migration Act 1958 (Cth) (unled).
- Advising in relation to AAT proceedings concerning the classification of goods under the Customs Tariff Act 1995 (Cth) (led by Zoe Maud SC).
Anthony read with Zoe Maud SC and his senior mentor is Tom Cordiner KC.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under the Professional Standards Legislation.
- Class Actions
- Consumer Law
- Contractual Disputes
- Regulatory Investigations
- Confidential Information
- Copyright & Designs
- Information Technology
- Media & Entertainment
- Trade Marks
- Class Actions
- Major Torts
- Product Liability
- Administrative Law
- Customs Law
- Judicial Review
Bachelor of Arts (Mon)
Bachelor of Commerce (Mon)
Juris Doctor (Melb)
State and Territory Courts and Tribunals
Federal Court of Australia
High Court of Australia