- Bachelor of Laws; Bachelor of Science
- Owen Dixon Chambers West
525 Lonsdale Street
- 03 9225 8558
- Mobile Phone:
- 0407 116 300
- 03 9225 8668
- Signed Bar Roll:
- Admitted in Victoria:
- Also Admitted:
- Western Australia
Before coming to the Bar, Nina was a Senior Associate at Corrs Chambers Westgarth.
Nina has experience in a wide range of areas including general commercial litigation, competition / trade practices, construction, insolvency, intellectual property and administrative law.
Nina has a particular interest in competition and trade practices, having acted for and against the ACCC and ASIC in proceedings involving anti-competitive arrangements (including cartels), pyramid selling schemes and managed investment funds.
Nina has recently completed a Masters subject at the University of Melbourne in Market Power and Competition Law, gaining a First Class Honours in that subject.
In 2011, Nina read with Andrew Hanak and Michael O’Bryan (now SC).
Since coming to the Bar, Nina has acted and/or appeared in the following matters:
1. Thomas v NZX Ltd (2011) - 2 day County Court trial involving allegations of breach of settlement agreement (led by Tim North SC).
2. NZX Ltd v Thomas (2011) - interlocutory application by NZX Ltd involving arguments of conflict of laws and proper jurisdiction (unled).
3. In the matter of Villa and Hut (In Liquidation) (2011) - Winding up of Villa and Hut (unled).
4. Asciano Services P/L (t/a Pacific National) v Vermile P/L (t/a Austrans) (2012) - defending allegations of breach of contract and asserting contract involved provisions breaching the exclusive dealing and SLC provisions of TPA in the context of the rail and freight forwarding industries (led by Michael O'Bryan).
5. Kirby & Ors v Centro Properties Group (2012) - acted for CFO of Centro in major class action litigation (led by Ted Woodward SC, with Chris Archibald)