Martin Scott SC
- Bachelor of Arts; Bachelor of Laws; Master of Laws
- Level 13 Room 18
Owen Dixon Chambers West
525 Lonsdale Street Melbourne
- 03 9225 8798
- 03 9017 1220
- Signed Bar Roll:
- Also Admitted:
- The Federal Court and the High Court of Australia
Martin Scott principally appears in superior courts of record and large commercial arbitrations (including international and expedited arbitrations) in general commercial, managed investment schemes, engineering and construction disputes. A significant part of his practice involves related legal advice, both tactical and strategic. He has practised as an advocate for over 20 years.
Recent arbitrations include infrastructure, electricity generation, mining and oil and gas production, contracts of affreightment, trade and commodities. Details are available on request.
Martin is a former law tutor and has presented at seminars on Part V of the Trade Practices Act, equitable remedies and on the Corporations Act. He is also the updating author of the "Receivers" chapter of Butterworths' Victorian "Court Forms, Precedents and Pleadings".
- International Arbitration Committee, Chair
- Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution division of the Commercial Bar Association, Co-Chair
- Banking Law Association of Australia
Liability limited by a scheme approved under the Professional Standards Legislation.