- Bachelor of Laws (Hons); Bachelor of Arts (Hons); Master of Arts (Hons)
- Level 12 Room 13
Owen Dixon Chambers West
525 Lonsdale Street Melbourne
- 03 9225 6757
- 03 9225 8395
- Signed Bar Roll:
- Admitted in Victoria:
Deborah has a strong commercial background which she combines with a busy criminal practice.
In particular, Deborah's commercial practice is in the areas of:
- tax (State and Commonwealth)
- insolvency (including advising on the Personal Property Securities Act 2009)
- banking and finance
- corporations and securities law
- contractual disputes
Her corporate crime and general criminal practice is in the areas of:
- confiscation/proceeds of crime
- tax fraud
- indictable crime/sex offence trial work
- quasi-criminal regulatory jurisdictions
Deborah is briefed to appear and advise both with and without a leader in the County, Supreme and Federal Courts, the Court of Appeal and in VCAT and the AAT. Deborah is regularly briefed by government agencies including the OPP, CDPP AFP (proceeds of Crime Taskforce), ATO and SRO.
Deborah also teaches 'Principles of Equity', as part of the Monash University Law Chambers JD Course - focusing on fiduciary obligations, unconscionable dealing and property.
Pro Bono work - From 2010-2012
Deborah sat on an appeals tribunal for Cycling Australia and was standing chair for the Disciplinary and Appeals Committee of Cycling Victoria.
For further information on Deborah